Thursday, December 4, 2008

My favorite mommy websites

We could all use some help with parenting, especially in the beginning. Often this means asking our moms or our other mom friends, but sometimes you have questions that they can't help with, or you are afraid to ask other moms. When I have scoured my what to expect book and I'm can't find what I'm looking for, these are the sites that I have come back to time and time again for help and I have not been disappointed. Hope they help you too!

www.kellymom.com- This contains a wealth of knowledge on breastfeeding and other parenting issues. One of the reasons I got through that difficult first month of breastfeeding, and still continue today!

www.mamasource.com
- Like yahoo answers for moms, without the annoying teenagers asking inane questions. Ask a question or share your knowledge and answer another mom's question. I have asked questions and usually got the advice I was looking for.

www.superbabyfood.com
- The companion website to the book by Ruth Yaron, which I found really helpful. This contains excerpts from the book and other tips on feeding solids and making your own baby food, which is much easier than you would think, by the way.

www.baby411.com- The companion website to the book, which I would also recommend over the traditional what to expect book. It's organized by topic rather than by age. My favorite section on the site is Rash-o-Rama: a reference page with photos of common rashes that you can use to help figure out what that wierd red spot is on your baby's face.

www.mybirthcare.com/favorites/babygrowth.asp
- I use this to track Ben's height and weight on a growth chart.

www.meetup.com- This one isn't just for parents. Whatever you are into, there is a meetup group for you. But this works especially well for moms. Find a moms group in your area. My particular group has activities all the time for kids from babies to school-age.

Do you have a favorite site that I left out?

No comments: